Goodies available at the Knoxville, IA farmers market Saturday mornings. Also at the Next Chapter in Knoxville, IA.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
money saving ideas of the day
Well I did my grocery shopping and came in with $1.25 left. I know that is not a thrill to most people, but it is to me. I am usually cutting things from the list to make it hit $100 to come in under that is amazing. The deal of the week had to be the 5lb of sugar I got at Fareway for $1 with a coupon. I even had enough in the budget to get some 2 liter pops at 65 cents each. I have also decided to try to make our own laundry soap. I will let you know how that goes and how much it wound up costing. Also Emily's birthday is coming up and I spent about 2 hours trying to design invitations to print only to find out I would have to pay for a monthly membership or the cards weren't printable. Then it dawned on me, WalMart. So I designed 5 invitations that look awesome and even have Emily's picture on it for $1.80. That is cheaper than buying a package from the store and look much better too. I also joined the who radio insiders club and started racking up points till I saw something I wanted to get. I don't put my points in drawings because I am very unlucky so I waited till I found a trade in. Today they have a blank park zoo package, 2 adult and 2 kid tickets a $40 value, for 40,000 points. Cha-ching! We were going to go to the zoo this summer and now we can go for free!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment